Aug 7, 2009

One that Calls for a Response

Jim Hutchens
By Jim Hutchens

Senior US Congressman Eric Cantor, Republican Whip in the House of Representatives, said:
"I don't quite know what is driving the focus on the issue of settlements. ... "We believe the focus should be on the existential threat to Israel from a nuclear-armed Iran. ... "We share the view with Prime Minister Netanyahu that we do not want to see undue pressure placed on Israel. ... "If we are interested in a two-state solution we have to accept, and the Palestinians have to accept, that Israel is a Jewish state." (Cantor is the Republican party's only Jewish representative in Congress).
God says:
"You descendants of Abraham my friend ... You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ... For I am the LORD , your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob, O little Israel, for I myself will help you," declares the LORD your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." (Isaiah 41:8,9-10,13-14).
The Jerusalem Connection says:
The Israeli professor on the video has it exactly right. Israel needs to remind those who oppose them, including the United States, that their land has a 3000 year old history that is grounded in the Bible. No other people or nation can make that claim. It is really Israel's trump card and it is time that Israel's leaders demanded recognition of their Biblical and International legality. If and when they do, they would have the support of millions of Christian Zionists as well as most of the US Congress.